Friday, January 25, 2013

2 Weeks Post Fast

It has been two weeks since I ended my just juice fast.  Breaking the fast was hard.  The first day I mainly ate strawberries.  The second day we took Kloe out for her birthday and I managed a few bites of a salad.  It was the fourth eating day before I felt like I was ready to resume normal eating. 

This time I decided to make a concerted effort not to gain back the weight I lost while fasting.  I really feel like 103-107 is my ideal weight.  I have been successful at staying within this range using the 5:2 intermittent fasting method.  Two days a week I fast for 20-24 hours... dinner to dinner.  The goal is 24 hours but anything past 20 and I call it a good fast day.  On my two fast days (or down days is a more accurate description) I end up eating 500-750 calories.  On my five up days I average between 1200-1500.

One week post fast I weighed in: 106.6
Two week post fast I weighed in: 106.6

I think I've found my balance in order to maintain at this weight.   Now my goal is to gain muscle and reduce body fat percentage.  I am also working on reducing the percentage of my food that comes from carbs.  For a carbaholic this is no easy task, but I've made some progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment