Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jan 2013: Just Juice Day 7

I spoke too quickly about how great I felt and how I didn't have hardly any detox symptoms this time! As the day wore on I began to feel very fatigued today. Not just your normal fatigue, but the "I can't move a muscle" fatigue.  In the fasting world they call this a "healing reaction" or "herxheimer reaction".  Basically it's when an influx of toxins is released into your bloodstream and your body can not eliminate them fast enough.  You can get muscle aches, cold or flu like symptoms, or experience extreme fatigue.  Because I am TIRED I am not much interested in making juice.  I only drank 4 cups today.  Didn't feel like making my dinner juice.  Drinking lots of water instead.  I'm not having any issues with hunger.  Basically I get a small twinge a few times a day and it quickly passes.

The last time I juice fasted for 10 days I was surprised at how difficult it was breaking the fast.  This time I am much more prepared.  I imagine that days 1-2 post fast will be raw fruits and veggies and still a lot of juice.  Gonna be taking it nice and slow!

This morning's weight: 106.4

Today's juice: 4 cups
Coffee: 1.5 cups
Water: 4 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment