Friday, January 11, 2013

Jan 2013: Just Juice Day 10

This morning  I broke the fast with 1/2 of a strawberry (no lie) when I woke up this morning.  I then proceeded to eat one strawberry every half an hour until around noon.  I also drank lots of water.  From noon until 3 I ate 2-3 strawberries every half an hour.  All together today I ate 2 cups of strawberries, a banana, one small piece of home made naan bread, two bites of curry rice, and a chocolate chip cookie.  I wanted more curry rice but knew that I would regret it so I just stuck to having a taste.

This morning's weight: 104.8


So what now??  For a year and a half I have been researching and reporting the benefits of intermittent fasting, but I haven't always been good about doing it.  This time around I have renewed my interest in using Intermittent Fasting to maintain my weight.  I have talked about Brad Pilon's "Eat Stop Eat" before.  Basically he recommends that you fast from eating for 24 hours (usually dinner one day until dinner the next) once or twice a week.  I have also found another approach of Alternate Day Fasting (ADF) that allows you to eat a reduced number of calories on alternate days.  The amount you reduce depends on whether you want to lose or maintain your weight.  The website for this idea gives you lots more information:

Alternate Day Fasting: Up Day Down Day method


So as soon as I am back to eating "normally" I am going to try alternate day calorie restriction to maintain my weight at about 105 ish.  I plan to blog about my successes or lack thereof.


No comments:

Post a Comment