Saturday, July 7, 2012

Make your own bread crumbs!

I think I have stated that our family has set a goal this year of removing much of the "junk" from our at home diet.  By junk I mean anything that is not really food.  Chemicals, artificial flavors and sweeteners, preservatives and the like.  So many times I have wanted to buy bread crumbs for a recipe and then I look at this...
THIS IS NOT REAL FOOD FOLKS


So, today I decided to figure out how to make my own bread crumbs.  And it was easy peasy.  Here's how...

 1)Take a few slices of homemade bread (I LOVE my breadmaker!)
 2) Toast them in the toaster or in your oven at 300 until dry and slightly brown
 3)Place them in the blender



 4)Once again, let the 2 year old run the power tool



5)You now have plain bread crumbs


Store in the freezer and add seasonings as you use them.  These 6 slices of bread made almost 1.5 cups of bread crumbs.  Stay tuned for the yummy zucchini, tomato casserole that these bread crumbs were used in.

No comments:

Post a Comment