Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 1 (Juice fasting round 2)

Day one of my second juice fast started off really really really badly. I got ready to make juice and every single one of the 11 cucumbers I had bought Tuesday night were squishy and rotten. I think I damaged/bruised them by shoving them into a bowl standing them upright, and then I left them unrefrigerated because we had so many foods from the 4th in the fridge. Regardless of how it happened it DID, and they were all ruined. Boo.

Then to make matters worse, as I took the cucumbers out to the compost bin, Nathan decided to let our dog Max out. I did not know it until several minutes had passed and by this time Max was G-O-N-E. We walked the neighborhood on foot, by car, and by bike and no Max. By the time all this had happened it was past 11 and I still had not had the chance to make any juice. I ran to the local veggie stand, bought more cucs, and some other produce and was back home around noon, and finally able to make some juice. (I still need some greens for my juice but that will have to wait until I get to the grocery store... the veggie stand didn't have any greens)

Since it was so late in the day already, I only made 4 cups of juice (32 oz). I was in a bad mood so I wanted to make sure it tasted really good. The recipe was 3 small cucs, 3 ribs of celery, a small tomato from our garden, 3 apples and an orange. It was good.

Day one notes:
 *Weight- 109.0 (at midday- I forgot to check first thing in the morning).
*Energy- depleted! ... stress + lack of stress eating = one tired mama.
*Hunger- moderate
*Headache- slight- just later in the day.(possibly stress or all the whiny kids haha)
*Coffee- 2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment