Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 7 of 7 (Juice Fast Round 2)

It is finished!

Those are some great words.  I ended my fast at 2pm.  As much as the 5th Avenue candy bar was tempting me, I know my body would rebel if I put that in my tummy.  Wisdom prevailed and I ended my fast with a banana and a handful of peanuts.  It is enough for now.  I remember last time I fasted I was surprised with how slowly I needed to reenter the world of food.  This time I am prepared.

Speaking of last time, I have a few thoughts on the differences between the two fasts for me.  I found the second time around to be exponentially easier than the first time.  Perhaps experience and knowing what to expect helped.  I also did not have nearly as many side effects of fasting this time around... a furry tongue and some postnasal drip were about the extent of it.  I had no headaches or fatigue past the first day.  I had some slight insomnia but not like last time.

What will I do now?  I am throwing around a couple ideas.  One is to fast one day a week, the other is to do what I have been doing and fast for a two day period each month.  I also plan to do an extended 7 day fast once per quarter.  (April, July, Oct, Jan).  I have some blog posts planned to talk about the research and health benefits regarding fasting.  Contrary to popular opinion, it will not sabotage your metabolism, it is not merely water weight you lose, and you don't have to gain it all back again.  :-)

I will finish with some stats from my two fasts.

My first fast in April(10 days), I started out at 113 lbs. and weighed 106 on the final day of my fast. I immediately gained back a pound or two once I started eating again and for the next 3 months I fluctuated between 107 and 109.  

My second fast (7 days) I started out at 109 and this morning I weighed 103.4.  My hope is to stay below 107 this three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment