Friday, May 3, 2013

May 2013: Just Juice Day 3 of 5

Today was just wrong on so many levels.  Would you look at this????



Yes, my very very sweet neighbor just happened to have an "extra" one of these laying around and he just happened to bring it by while I am in the middle of a stinking juice fast!

I was already feeling weak in the will power department.  Mark is out of town so I bought the kids pizza for dinner.  It looked and smelled delicious.  Then the kids had ice cream for dessert... my mouth was watering.  Then a few minutes later the pie was brought to my door.  UGH UGH UGH!

But this illustrates a great fact.  It's so easy to forget that there will always be more pizza, more ice cream, more pie.  I am lucky enough to be able to get any of the three pretty much whenever I want.  It's okay to pass it up sometimes.  There is always more.

This is my 5th extended juice fast, if you add them all together I have fasted 36+ days and today was by far the hardest.  I really really wanted to EAT!  But I didn't.  And I won't.  Because if I do it once it will be all over for me.  It will be that much harder to stick with it the next time.  For me the hardest part of sticking to a fast is not the physical, it's the psychological.  And you can bet I am keeping a piece of this pie for Sunday!!!  YUM.

Morning weight was 100.6.

1 comment:

  1. Pie freezes well. Just cover it with wax paper and then with foil.
    Proud of you for being strong!

    ReplyDelete