Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2013: Just Juice Day 2 of 5

Today I was my last day of school for the semester.  I had a final today so I didn't get to make juice until after 12.  Made 3.5 cups of my usual combo.  Then for dinner I made this warmed "spaghetti" juice (pictured below).  It's a lot like a tomato soup.  It's really good.  

One thing I love about juice fasting is how well my nose smells food from a mile away.  This used to be difficult, and would make me want to give in and eat.  Now I just enjoy the heightened sense of smell.  Just like everything tastes good when you are hungry, it smells good too!

My weight this morning was 101.8.  I might break into the 90's this fast.  Remember I am super short, so that is not really a big deal.  I always weighed 97-99, while eating anything I wanted, when I was nursing Katie and Luke.  Gotta love breastfeeding!!

If you have never fasted, I highly recommend you do a short fast just to see that hunger doesn't kill you.  It is really important to stop telling ourselves that feeling hungry is something to be avoided at all costs. Did you know that experts say most of us could go up to two months without food and live?  A day or two is certainly not going to hurt any healthy person.  

One of my goals now that I am at an ideal weight is to work on gaining muscle.  I plan to get back to the gym now that life has calmed down a bit.  Now hold me accountable. HAHA.



No comments:

Post a Comment