Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 2013: Just Juice Day 1 of 5

This morning I was off and running so there was no time to make juice until around 11am.  This is not a big deal since I typically do not eat breakfast anyway.  I used to always eat breakfast, but after my very first juice fast in April 2012 I never went back to eating it.  When I was eating breakfast I used to always wake up hungry.  Now I don't typically get hungry until around 10am.  

Let me just stop right here and say that if you have believed that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" or "you should never skip breakfast" or some other such nonsense... just google something like "never skip breakfast myth" and read up.  Besides.. what do most people eat for breakfast... most likely something loaded with CARBS and SUGAR.  The absolute worst thing to start your day.  If instead you skip breakfast, your body takes a nice meal from your own fat tissue.  Win-Win.

Anyway, I had already had a couple glasses of water and a cup of coffee (I drink coffee when I am juicing... it helps me get through and keeps me from getting massively cranky) before I remembered to weigh myself.  I don't typically weigh more than once every week or two, so I am not in the habit.  I weighed 104.0 pounds exactly.

Around 11am I made juice: 1 cucumber, 1 rib celery, 2 huge handfuls of spinach, 2 carrots, 2 apples and 2 handfuls of strawberries.  This gave me 3 cups of juice.  In my opinion strawberries make everything taste good.  If you use strawberries add them to your juicer last, because the seeds will clog the screen and you will yield less juice on anything put in after them.

This is what my juice looked like today.  So interesting how it formed in layers with the strawberry juice in the middle.  I shook it up before drinking.


So because today was crazy I only drank 3 cups of juice.  I would have made 1.5 to 2 cups "spaghetti juice" but I just didn't have time until after 7:30 and by then I was too tired to want to do all the clean up involved.  I did drink plenty of water, and hopefully tomorrow will be better!

1 comment:

  1. Renee' ~
    You said you only made 3 cups of juice...did you drink 1 cup of juice 3 times and at what intervals?
    I still don't have a juicer, I'm keeping my eyes open on craigslist for one.
    Juju

    ReplyDelete