Thursday, May 29, 2014

Just Juice May 2014: Day 1 and Day 2



It's been a long time!!!  The last juice only fast was last July and as you can tell, I never even finished blogging about it.

I started my Jr. year of college last August and from that point forward everything has been rush, rush, rush, work, work, work and eat on the run and slowly gain several pounds over the course of the year.  It's nearly impossible for me to "just juice" when life is busy.  It's a very mental battle, and I have to be prepared for it to be successful.

Day 1-   Day 1 is always the worst, but this time it was the hardest ever.  I felt like throwing up, even with drinking coffee I had a headache and major brain fog.  I almost gave up and told myself I couldn't do it anymore.  Your brain can think of lots of reasons why.  But I didn't give up, thankfully.

Day 2- about mid day on Day 2 or about 40 hours after eating the last solid food, things take a turn and I start to feel better, and the hunger feeling is not as intense.  I still feel hungry (or more like an "empty" feeling) but it is nothing like Day 1 hunger.  I don't know if this is factual, but I read that at the beginning of your fast, digestion is still taking place, which causes your hunger to be stronger.  After your body clears all the food it has been digesting, then you don't feel as hungry.  Whatever the reason, Day 2 was much better than day 1.

STATS:
Morning Day 1: 114 (UGH!!)
Morning Day 2: 111.4
Morning Day 3: 110.4

No comments:

Post a Comment