Friday, July 26, 2013

July 2013: Just Juice Day 1 of 5

Time to Juice Again!

This time I will juice 5 days again.  My weight in the morning was 105.0.  I have successfully kept my weight around 103-105 since my juice fast in January.  This is a weight I am very comfortable and happy with so that is why I choose to do a 5 day fast as opposed to a longer one.

There are two reasons, I believe, why I have not gained weight back this year.  The first is I stopped drinking soda.  I was a one a day girl and on bad days, maybe two.  I always do a 40 day soda free fast at the beginning of the year, and this year Mark said let's go longer... so we did... and kept on going.  I haven't had any soda this year.  I mainly drink water, but will occasionally have a sweetened drink.  Probably not even once a week though.  The second thing I have done, as I have mentioned in previous blog posts, is cut my carbs.  Less breads, less pasta.  These two things are all I have done differently, but it has been enough.

Today I made 32 oz of green juice and had 12 oz of warmed spaghetti juice for dinner.  Mark and I went to a movie at the cheap theatre and the popcorn smelled heavenly.  The first day of a juice fast is hard because hunger is pretty strong, your sense of smell increases, and you are breaking the habit of eating mindlessly.  So many times today I had to catch myself before grabbing something and putting it in my mouth without even thinking.

I realized today that I have to go to a birthday party tomorrow, and our church picnic is on Sunday.  There is just never a "good" time to do the fast.  There is always a reason to put it off.  There will be more parties and more picnics, Lord willing, many more.  That's another part of the fasting process for me.  Realizing my ability to avoid food, even at special events, and not suffer from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment